Monday, August 9, 2010

First Day of School


Do you know what I'm listening to right now?

The sound of my ceiling fan and only that sound. My house is quiet...eerily quiet. Honestly the next few weeks are going to be bitter sweet for me. I'm thrilled that this day has come, but honestly so glad it won't be for too long. NO KIDS at home! Every parents dream right? Mine too, but I don't think I'm ready for this permanent change just yet. It's a good thing since it's only temporary anyway :) When we're done having kids and the very last one goes off to school then I know I will really be ready! For now this break is very needed to get some major projects done before the baby comes...let's hope I can get it all done before this little guy comes. All weekend long, even this morning I've been experiencing some contractions, these were way different from the braxton hicks I've been having the past few months! I knew my time alone would be too good to be true! We'll see what my doctor says tomorrow!


Aubree and Ezra were just plain excited to get back to school, Dylan had mixed feelings and was a bit nervous to start 6th grade. I can't believe I have a kid in middle school!


Posted by Picasa
Here she is, at her desk on her first day of Kindergarten!  Amazingly I didn't cry, maybe it's because I know she's really ready.  I might cry later...

1 comment:

Kim said...

Way to go on not crying! It was always funny what made me cry or not cry when it came to kids going to school. I didn't cry when Rachel went to Kindergarten, but I did cry when she went to First grade. Crazy stuff. Enjoy the quiet while you have it!