Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Birthday Tea Party


Tomorrow is the real big day, but she acted like today was her day; this girl is a diva!  The theme was a Fancy Nancy Tea Party and we had to keep the guest list small...even though 9 girls were invited there were more friends that could have come.  Each girl dressed fancy and took turns having their picture taken with the birthday girl when she opened her present.
Posted by Picasa
Look at all these fancy girls having cupcakes and "tea", we really used lemonade.
The dress Aubree is wearing belonged to me when I was about her age.  My mom made it for me as a flower girl dress that I wore in my cousin's wedding.  I've saved it all these years but realized it's too dated and vintage looking to actually have her wear, but it made for a fancy dress to wear to a tea party!
Make a wish! :)
I stayed up late baking two cakes that took over an hour each to bake in the oven, I even got as far as putting the base frosting down and it flopped (well more like slid) and the filling seeped out.  I was too tired to try to do anything with it, so this morning I whipped up some cupcakes.  We'll see if I can salvage the cake for her birthday tomorrow.  It was suppose to be a tea pot cake.
I completely forgot to take pictures of the decorations before the girls started eating.  This is after most of them already ate and the table is a bit ruined.  Last night I made each girl a butterfly placemat, complete with glitter and rhinestone stickers, on top was a plate with a fork that also had a rhinestone sticker and folded fan style and placed in the tea cups were pink napkins.
I also made tissue paper pom poms of different sizes for decoration and displayed a Fancy Nancy Tea Party Book.  For lunch the girls had peanut butter and jelly tea sandwiches and Turkey and cheese, crusts cut off and cut into small triangles, small fruit kabobs with cream cheese fruit dip, olives and petite carrots (they are even smaller than baby carrots), and sesame crackers with vegetable cream cheese spread.  On the table I also had a bowl of pastel mints (the ones you find at weddings), and small plates of fancy cookies.  When the party was all over the girls got to take home their tea cups that I bought at Goodwill filled with candy and a fancy ring.  We also played fancy freeze tag and a memory game called packing for Paris.  Hopefully everyone had fun, I know Aubree did.  I am totally sleep deprived and exhausted, but for the smiles in the pictures it was worth it!

2 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Valerie - this is absolutely adorable!!! I LOVE it. Mind if I borrow the ideas for Eloise in a few years??? I'm sure the girls had a ball - what a fun party! xoxo

PS Can we have a belly shot???

Stacey said...

Taylor has been wearing my old dresses lately, but she doesn't care that they look out of date. She thinks she looks like a pioneer and loves it.