Monday, January 19, 2009

A Beautiful Day


It was a beautiful 77 degrees out today, with clear blue sky's and what made it even more perfect was the kids had NO SCHOOL! We took advantage of this today and had some fun family time at the Riparian Preserve in Gilbert. We took a hike and spent the afternoon soaking up the sun, bird watching and enjoying the beautiful plant and wildlife of Arizona.



This is a Great Egret.



I couldn't get them to hold still for this picture, so it's a little candid. We were so happy to take some time off from our busy lives and enjoy some of the finer things in life today!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Scott and Melanie said...

I love your blog! We just discovered the riparian preserve a couple days ago! It is really cool!

Anonymous said...

it was a beautiful 19 degrees out today...
or so i heard, i spent it inside, studying and on the computer=p.
how ya doin val=D.

brooke romney said...

How funny! Our blog title was the exact same today. I found you guys. How fun.

Tim and Shay said...

Oh, I can't wait for it to warm up here. It has been 12 degrees at night. And 20's - 30's during the day. Ugh! That looks like such a nice day.

Kim said...

Sounds like a great day! I wish we had done something so nice that day too!