Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Gifts From a Child

My favorite part of Mother's Day each year is the sweet thoughtful gifts that are given by my children...you mom's out there know what I'm talking about; it's the homemade kind.  This year after reading all the great things my kids had to say about me, I just had to laugh.  On Friday, Ezra's class hosted a Mother's Day tea.  Each child presented to their mother's a beautiful magazine that they had worked very hard on just for us.  Ezra's teacher said that this year she told the children to write what they thought they knew about their mother's without actually finding out the answers.  For instance, this is what Ezra put on his "All About My Mom" sheet. 

(This is in his own words and spelling)
My mom's name is:  Valrie
She's 31 years old.
Her favoirte color is: green
Her favorite food is: lasanya
Her favorite television show is: cooking
Her favorite thing to do is: watch a netflics show
I help her: cook
I love my mom because: she is butiful

He was on the mark with some of it; my name, age, fav. color.  I think he thought my favorite food was lasagna, because I picked it for my birthday dinner, and I was watching a lot of netflix a few months back because I was having a TV show marathon, but that's been over for a while :)  It's amazing what our kids see about us and the things that stick with them.

He also wrote this little cover story. (again in his own words and spelling) "My mom was naminated to be mother of the year cose shes the best cook.  Shes the best artist.  She is good at math and music.  She is so botifol.  If I never had her I wald icsplod!

Dylan wrote a few things about me in a book they made at church.  He put, " I know my mom has a testimony because I see her pray."  "My favorite memory with my mom was when she took me to see Harry Potter 5." 

I Love you OXO.

M usic maker
O verly smart
M akes good cookies

I'm seriously not sure why both my boys mentioned me and music...so not talented in that field.  Ezra even mentioned I was good at math (well maybe 2nd grade math :), he'll soon find out I can only keep up for maybe one or two more years on that one!

But, Oh the memories these will hold when I look back on them when they're all grown up.

 



2 comments:

or mom said...

I love this post! These are the things that we look back on when things get bumpy. Thank you for sharing.

Brooke Romney said...

I love kids! Yours are so great!