Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Baby Jonas

Here are a few more pictures of our sweet baby Jonas.  He surprised us by coming about three weeks early.  My water broke early Tuesday morning around 4:30 am, I was shocked because none of my other babies ever gave me any indication of wanting to come early and neither had this one.  Poor daddy had been up late working and had only gone to bed about three hours before I woke him to tell him the news.  He thought I was kidding, my reply was "would I be joking around at 4:30am?"  The nurses and my doctor at the hospital all thought this was very sneaky of Jonas to come so early, he threw off everyone's schedule's that day...but all for a good reason in the end.  After the doctor got him out, there were a few gasps and I heard the doctor say, "look at this knot in his cord, it's a good thing we got him out early!"  That was my confirmation that there had to be a reason he came so early.  This little guy has overcome some odds right from the beginning, what a testament it has been to us to know that Heavenly Father has a plan for our family and that Jonas is a special part of that plan.
The proud big brother and sister.
Jonas has been such a good baby, one of my favorite things he does is just open his eyes and look around and listen.  He does this often and it's so sweet.  He loves to hear noises and to hear us talk to him. 
Baby Jonas is ready to come home.  All went well and by late Thursday night mommy and baby were at home.
I want to thank our dear family and friends who jumped in at a moments notice to help us out with this little unexpected treasure!  We are truly blessed...

4 comments:

or mom said...

Ooohhh! I can hardly wait to cuddle him. Don't let him lose that new baby smell. He seems to look like Ezra when he was a baby. So sweet!

Leefamlee Treasures said...

What a beautiful post about tender mercies! He is a beautiful baby and can't wait to meet him in person!

Brooke Romney said...

What cutie. I am so glad he is doing well. He is darling!!! What a surprise to be so early. I thought this post shouldn't be here yet!

autumn said...

gah! i can't wait to hold him!