Monday, August 18, 2008

What Should I Be When I Grow Up?




You Should Be a Manager



You're very organized, motivated, and methodical.

Fair and objective, you can see all sides of a conflict. You are a good mediator.

You are task oriented. You do well with deadlines and schedules.

And while you can be a task master at times, you're good at managing people and listening to their input.



You do best when you:



- Must have attention to detail

- Are in charge of people



You would also be a good accountant or personal assistant.

So in order to figure out what I should be when I grow up, all I had to do was pick a picture that I liked the best from a group of pictures. If only it was really that easy! I think I picked the right one. A manager is exactly what my job is right now :) I'm a mother, okay maybe I'm not as organized as I should be, but you can't manage three kids very well if you don't have some sort of organizational skills. My motivation is the peace and quiet my house will be if I can just get the boys off to school in the mornings. Okay this doesn't apply everyday or year round for that matter, but I really have been enjoying how much quieter and cleaner my house is during the day with only one kid at home!
I am definitely a mediator; there are daily squabbles amongst siblings in our household and you have to be fair and objective when it comes to finding out who did what, you don't want to punish the wrong child and cause even more tension among them. For those mothers out there I KNOW you know what I'm talking about!
Task oriented...Definitely! I barely have time for myself, that's all I do all day from the moment I wake up...I'm always doing something; cleaning house, cleaning up children's messes, changing clothes, driving kids to and from school, making lunches, making breakfast, making dinner, making snacks, appointments...you get what I mean :) There is always some deadline to get them off to school on time to pick them up on time, to turn in school forms, doctors apt's., etc...
That's what mothers do, we manage people, small people mind you, but they will eventually grow up into adults and become mangers themselves and we are responsible for teaching them these skills. We are expert managers, we do it daily, 24/7, 365 days a year!
It's so good to know that I'm already doing what I should when I grow up! :)