Friday, August 29, 2008

Birthday Girl

Happy Birthday Aubree!! or should I say "Birthday-zilla"...
Uncle Trent and Aunt Rachel gave Aubree these cute shoes.
Aubree got clothes for her baby dolls.
Aubree woke up bright and early at 6:00am this morning and wandered into our bedroom. I asked her if she knew what today was and she thought about it for a minute and excitedly proclaimed it was her birthday! I asked her how old she was and she held up three fingers and excitedly said she was three!

Grammy Blake got Aubree the cutest tin purse with fun accessories inside!

All day long she was demanding to open her presents and demanding that we put the candles on her cake and demanding that I put the flowers on her cake...NOW! She was a monster!

Grandma and Grandpa Gilmore got Aubree a new baby doll stroller.

Aubree got a new dress up dress with shoes.

Aubree also got a new baby doll.

For her birthday she got to go with her best friend Cambria (yes she really does exist) to
Chic-fil-a her favorite restaurant for lunch.

Last night Quentin went out and bought Aubree balloons to surprise her in the morning...only a doting father would pick out the biggest Mylar balloon they have. We told her this morning that there was surprise downstairs, so she ran down to see and ran up excitedly screaming that there was a HUGE balloon downstairs! She was so excited!
Make a wish!

Don't look too closely at the cake, there were too many disasters...it was incredibly humid today for one, which ruined my drop flowers I had pre-made so they wouldn't set up and get hard. I had to settle on putting sweet peas on her cake and I am not good at making those. The color didn't turn out well either...oh well, it had the flowers on it and between the flowers and the candles that's all she really cared about.

Dylan and Ezra got Aubree The Little Mermaid DVD...we watched it for our family movie night movie.

Aubree keeps loosing her flip flops, so she got new ones for her birthday...thank goodness for end of the summer clearance sales...flip flops are her favorite!

Thank you everyone for all the gifts that you got for Aubree to help her have a wonderful birthday! After she opened her presents she was a sweet angel again! It must be hard being three on your birthday and having to wait all day for the things you are most excited about, like flowers and candles on your birthday cake, macaroni and cheese for dinner and opening your presents! I really hope it's not going to be like this every year!


2 comments:

The Blakes said...

The cake looks great! I'm glad you're birthday princess had such a fun day!

Tim and Shay said...

That looks like a great birthday!