Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Random Things...


So, my lack of blogging lately is because of the lack of pictures I have taken, but also because we have been seriously sick for over a month. Just when I think we might be getting better someone else gets sick with something even more yucky! Currently Jonas has Pneumonia. I took him in late Saturday night and four prescriptions later and a nebulizer we came home. The nights have been the worst and we've almost gone to the ER twice. Today I took him back to the doctor because of a particularly bad night. He seems better for now, but I was warned to expect another bad night and maybe a trip to the ER for some oxygen. So far in the last month we've been to the doctor a total of 8 times, not including our "Dr. Trent" visits. I finally came to a breaking point last night (why I haven't done it sooner, I don't know?) Jonas was sitting in my lap hooked up to the nebulizer coughing and choking and not breathing well, while I was crying, feeling completely helpless...that's the worst part of being a parent is not being able to "make it all better" when they are struggling. Needless to say Quentin and I are both tired as we have had two sleepless nights in a row and expect a few more still to come. The doctor just informed me this morning that it can take 10-14 days for his pneumonia to go away!

Posted by Picasa
In the midst of all our sickness, life has still been happening.  We had fun celebrating Valentine's Day.  I made heart pancakes for the kids for breakfast, decorated their bedroom doors with paper hearts and made heart shaped sugar cookies for an after school snack, and had heart shaped pizza from pizza hut for dinner.  (again, sorry for the lack of pictures.)  I also had the privilege of doing the decorations for my friend Lauren's baby shower.  She is having her first girl and it was so fun to see her and throw her a baby shower.  These beautiful pictures below were taken by my friend Kim (click on her name to see her photography blog)  We've also experienced the joys of being proud parents who learned some great things about their kids after recent parent teacher conferences.  Aubree has grown so much since she started kindergarten, she still struggles to keep up with the rest of her class but as she led me through her student led conference, I could see the improvements she is making and to me it is such a joy to know that our prayers are being answered.  Dylan is still thriving and is top of his class and has made Principles List again.  He was recently tested for the gifted program and although he still tested higher than normal he did not qualify.  He was very disappointed, but his teacher commended him for the good job he did do on the test.  These tests are very hard.  Ezra has had a few set backs as of late because his sweet teacher was out sick for such a long time, but he too was recently tested for the gifted program and scored a 97% on the non-verbal which qualified him for the program.  He has been super excited about this and we are now overwhelmed with having to learn all about gifted children and the way their brains work and now have the new job of "keeping up" with this kid.  (literally this is all beyond me :)  I guess his gifted genes came from Quentin not me :)  We are so blessed to be the parents of such wonderful kids.  Each day I feel that they teach me more than what I teach them.


More pictures coming soon...

No comments: