Tuesday, February 23, 2010

An Announcement of Sorts...


Most of you already know this but in case you don't...


Surprise...We're Pregnant!

And yes this was a BIG surprise!

I went into the doctor today for my 12 week ultrasound appointment only to find out that I'm really only 9 1/2 weeks pregnant! The funny part about this is I've known for the last 6 weeks that I was pregnant. It's really a blessing in disguise that I've known for so long, we were able to get the IUD out safely without a miscarriage and everything has looked great since. We did however find out some very discouraging news today. I don't have a Corpus Luteum cyst that is essential in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, this cyst produces the hormones that keeps the baby alive and going until about 12 weeks. I suppose this is another blessing to find this out now rather than later. The doctor said I am still high risk for a miscarriage, she told me she could prescribe me some hormones to help, the down side is it will make me sicker (as if I need that). Hopefully all will go well. There was a very strong heart beat today and seeing this sweet baby inside moving was what I had been looking forward to for the last few weeks. Knowing all this will truly make this whole experience harder if we loose the baby. I pray that we won't.

Currently my due date is September 24th.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Oh my goodness Valerie!! Congratulations!!! I will be praying for you & your sweet baby. xoxo

Trivial Pursuits to HappyNess said...

Keep positive! We found out that was my problem too...if only we would of known earlier right. You guys will get through this you are such a strong person and this teeny tiny miracle has already beat the odds I know he/she is strong like you! Let me know if you need anything...ever...at all.

Love you!

or mom said...

Planning a trip in Sept!