A good friend of mine asked me to make a doll cake for her daughter's birthday. Her daughter's favorite color is blue and a purple dressed doll was all she could find; I was a little worried about the colors, but I really think it turned out cute. By no means is it perfect (don't look too closely). I was going off of a picture from this cute How to Draw Princesses and Ballerina book. I also used the wonderful Classic Batter Bowl from Pampered Chef to bake the dress part of the cake. If you just decided that you must have this batter bowl (if you don't have it already), let me know...
Since Quentin took the camera with him for the weekend, my good friend Melanie took the pictures of the cake for me (she's a professional photographer). I think the cake looks better in the photos than it really did. Thanks Melanie!Yes, Quentin is vacationing solo with some friends on Catalina Island for the Labor Day weekend. So the kids and I will be partying hard all weekend long. I'm sorry we'll have no camera to document our weekend (as if I would remember to take pictures :). You can look forward to some beautiful pictures from Catalina coming soon!
Have a great weekend!

























1 comment:
You did a great job!
Post a Comment